Unigroup has published its 43rd Annual National Movers Study. During 2019, Florida has once again, experienced a net positive of movers coming into the state. Last year, nearly 3 out of 5 interstate movers were coming into the state (58%) and 2 out of 5 were leaving (42%).
According to the study, 40% of those moving into Florida was planning to retire the sunshine state.
It’s not surprising that the majority of movers coming into the state were 55 and older, nearly 60%, in fact. For those under 55, the percentage of those moving out are higher than those moving in.
Job prospects were one of the most commonly cited reasons for those leaving the state. These results are consistent with studies from previous years.